Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Can't Hang My Head in Shame

Normally when I write these things, I usually use seven bullets. And I may do that later today since I missed yesterday. However I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the Hawks.

You see, this whole season you had so many people question the decisions of management. Some rightfully so; others not so much. The Hawks got really lucky letting a guy like Niemi walk, and to have that decision washed away be the emergence of Corey Crawford.

No Dustin Byfuglien there to stick in front of Luongo. But really? Do you think you could have sat through another regular season with him? He had a great run in Atlanta. And perhaps Duncan Keith was tired. Perhaps Seabrook could only do so much. Hossa’s injuries piled up. The void of no Dave Bolland for the last month or two. Many factors this year can be attributed to the Blackhawks not being as strong. Sure no Eager, Ladd, Burish, etc. We’re stuck with John fricking Scott.

But tell me that the last week wasn’t the biggest highlight of the season for you. Other than that eight game win streak that came to a halt in Florida. This team showed Vancouver, showed everyone the heart of the champion is still there. This team showed that they will not be written off. This team showed us character, will, determination, and inspiration. Sure the Hawks may be gone for now, and the Canuckleheads have their dog pile thinking they won the Stanley Cup. But the future looks bright.

Remember this friends; the Hawks brought home the cup last year. The cup returned to Chicago after a 49 year long wait. I can promise and speculate that us Hawks fans won’t have to wait that long for the next. There are no obstacles. There are no dollar bills. There are just months. Months waiting until we get to watch our guys get back out there and try this again.

God bless the Blackhawks. You gave me the second best week of watching hockey this week. Sure I didn’t enjoy the outcome, but I’m sure you will make it up to us and yourselves sometime really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment