Friday, May 20, 2011

My Birthday Present From God Himself?

Today is a special post for many reasons. One, it’s my birthday. Two it’s my 100th post. And three if you want to believe an 89 year old quack, my last post. In case you haven’t heard, and I touched on this briefly last week, Judgment Day takes place tomorrow at approximately 6pm. Jesus will come back and the world will burn and be gone within 5 months.

Now I don’t mean to frighten anyone, I am only telling you what THIS MAN is saying. He has some allies. First I will present you with all their points of view. Keep in mind most of these pretty much fall under the same umbrella.

http://www.familyradio.com
http://www.wecanknow.com
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com

Now I would like to give you some opposing viewpoints by other people as well…

http://www.bible.ca
http://www.realtruth.org
http://www.cultwatch.com/HaroldCamping.html

I tried to find some that are easy to follow. In fact the bible.ca site has a Twitter page and will be tweeting from Jerusalem on 5/21.

When you hear news like this, it is easy to get alarmed, anxious, and panicked. The truth is, when I first heard it I was like huh? I thought the end was 12-21-12. The truth of the matter is as you may have read is the same bible that guarantees Judgment Day takes place this weekend also says this:

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
That is Mark 24:32. The bible verse everyone is pointing to refute this claim. The same bible that guarantees that tomorrow will be the beginning of the end.

Can the world end? Sure. It can end at any given time. We are living in an unstable world my friends. We seen our share of natural disasters in the last ten years, we have heard the words nuclear weapons muttered when speaking about the middle east, Korea and China. Many still say that the huge following of Barrack Obama resembles the antichrist movement that we read about in Revelation. This world is unstable. As I spoke last week, I believe we are more aware of world wide events thanks to the thousands of news source available to us, as well as the internet and social networking. This is why few haven’t heard of Harold Camping (the 89 year old quack) and his failed 1994 prediction. He went back to the drawing board like Wyle E Coyote and came up with tomorrow. He is the president of Family Radio, which is a huge media conglomerate in the Christian community. The problem is many Christians don’t agree with Camping’s date setting and some of the other things he preaches as well.

So tomorrow at 6pm the Earthquake should start in New Zealand. Then it will spread throughout the world according to these people when it is stated now only in the book of Mark, but various other places no one knows the hour or the day.

This is why if you heart is with Jesus, it doesn’t matter. Jesus has been a role model in my life for many years, and I am a firm believer that he died to save us all. I believe in good versus evil, and also believe in karma. I can’t say I am affiliated with any religious organization because I find myself questioning many faiths. I can’t tell you’re getting saved or not. It’s not my place to, it is only Gods. All you can do is do well in life, treat people right, and be willing to accept God’s gifts and the ultimate gift of a man who paid the price to save you and everyone else.

We do have troubled times, and we have our problems. For a man such as Harold Camping to come out and convince everyone of this, and scoring a nice crowd of people willing to sell their homes, quit their jobs, even relinquish their savings to put more warnings of the great earthquake that will be coming tomorrow is sad. Many say things like this give Christianity a black eye. I would tend to agree with that, along with some of the judgmental crap some of them spew. God teaches us not to judge as he is the judge. Hey it’s in the bible:
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.-Matthew 7:1-5

And if you a less is more type person:

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven”-Luke 6:37

Let’s say this happens. May 21 hits the earthquake hits, people go missing. I’m ready. I wish my kids had a chance to do some more fun things and I would love to have the chance to watch them grow up, but who’s to say that doesn’t happen in the kingdom of God?

However, when May 22 comes and many are still here, especially those who gave up everything to let us know of the impending doom. What is Harold Camping going to say to them? Will he take the millions of dollars his radio empire made and help these people get on with life? Will he find jobs for all of those who quit them to support his cause? Will he go on another episode of “Open Forum” and take a call from an angry “follower” who has just informed them that their family is living on the sidewalk after selling their house? And most importantly, will he apologize for being a false prophet for the second time in 20 years?
The answer will be most likely no, and that will be the same if you were to ask me if the end of the world is tomorrow.

Then again, you can’t worry. You can only hope that many of the deceivers stop.

“And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.”-Matthew 24:3,4

If they don’t, well they won’t be able to deceive Jesus. He better than that playa.

Peace be with you, and pray to God to help us all to take his gift of life and do good things with it. Cherish your family, be kind to your friends and neighbors, and always remember who Jesus was, and the impact he had on all of those surrounding him, and think of what you can do to help that spirit shine on.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment