Friday, May 13, 2011

I Like the White Sox: Fixodent and Forget It

So what a difference a week makes?

Can I see that play? Can I? Can I? I fell asleep and same on me.

I can’t believe the White Sox won last night. It had to be due to that Jake Peavy guy right?

Anyways, I am in a much better mood now and I can write with a smile on my face. The Sox are 4-2 on this road trip and are slowly crawling back into the race. I don’t want to be too optimistic, but I am happy about the quality of play lately.

Here are seven things the Sox must have done or happened to explain this winning road record (so far, the house of horrors is next.)

1-Alexei Ramirez must have made a trip back to Cuba. There he found Pedro Cerrano and brought a bucket of live chicken out to the west coast, or stopped an the In and Out whichever comes first.

2-Omar Vizquel called upon the spirit of Nellie Fox to see if he could borrow his number instead for better luck. Nellie said no way, so in order to spite the superstar, Omar played better.

3-Jake Peavy pitched and his body is still in one piece. Sure, he’s mad about the runs allowed, but dude, you’re healthy. Stop it!

4-Gordon Beckham thought it may be safe to follow the tradition of Derrick Rose and eat lots of gummy bears before game time. He looks like the type of guy who likes gummy bears. Anyway, he seems to be doing better.

5-I agree, Paul Konerko got some loco legs like they have in the Fresh Beat Band. It’s a show on Nick Jr that my daughter watches. It is quite weird.

6-Adam Dunn decided it was time to stop being a donkey and become a horse. Once he becomes a stallion, we will be right behind you red faced smiling jerkwads.

7-Johnny Danks went to church and prayed that one, the world doesn’t end next Saturday, unless he can get a win. And while he was there, he prayed for that said win.

Final thought: I like how the Sox are playing a hell of a lot better than last time I wrote. I will take my daughter to a game now. It was like you don’t want to take your daughter to a pile of mud that you know is going to become something great. Keep it up and don’t stop now boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment