Monday, January 25, 2010

The Superstar and the Super Team

And then there were two. The two teams that it should be.

Yes, the Jets looked great in the first half didn’t they? However, they ran out of gas. Peyton Manning showed the Jets what it means to play the Colts with starters in the game. Pierre Garcon shined brightly, and the Colts defense made big plays. The Sanchise and that big dummy Rex Ryan got their traps shut for the rest of the year.

Brett Favre in all his infinite glory had a hell of a year. He led his team to the NFC Championship, but after a big hit, threw two picks. One at the end of the game with :19 left. And then there were the 5 fumbles before that as well. This game wasn’t what I imagined it to be, but nevertheless, it sure was fun. Watching the Saints win it made me smile. That city has been through hell, and they have something special to celebrate.

This story has the ending it should. The two teams that almost went perfect this year. The number one seeds. The clash of the leaders. This Superbowl coming up gives us the idea that in the NFL, the little engines that could have run out gas. It takes a special kind of D to stop the high flying passing game. This league has become a passers paradise, and although running the ball works, the age of the 2 minute drill lives on.

So for the postseason, I am 4-6 for picks. Both of mine came in this week, but I will be under 500. I guess I can pick the Pro Bowl, but why waste time?

One thing I know about the Pro Bowl, the AFC in my opinion is superior to the NFC. However, many thought this time since it’s a week before, things would changes with the “superstar game” of the NFL. Nope, people still pulling out. It doesn’t matter where you put it. Hawaii, Miami, Alaska; many players don’t take it seriously obviously. Perhaps it’s a fun time, but you can go to Chuck E Cheese’s and have a fun time as well. My pick will be AFC 24 NFC 14.

As far as the Superbowl goes, I honestly am stuck. Both teams have an unbelievable quarterback. The defense on both teams has been strong. You have so many people to throw to on each side. However, as much as I want the Saints to win, the Colts have been here before. Peyton Manning can execute the 2 minute drill better than anyone. I do like the Colts offensive line better than the Saints, and no, Peyton isn’t going to throw the game because dad played QB for New Orleans. It will be a great game, and it’s very hard for me to pick a winner. Indianapolis 31 New Orleans 27, but I just want to be on record that I am cheering on New Orleans to win this one.

It has been an entertaining season, although I wish the Dolphins could have done better than they did. However, with a new defensive coordinator, some draft picks, and the mind of Bill Parcels, we should improve dramatically.

In the meantime, let’s enjoy what promises to be a wonderful Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment