Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The End of the Road

So another regular football season concluded. First I will start on my boys, the Dolphins. I am very proud of the way you guys played against Pittsburgh. It definitely makes up for the shitty play in the first half against Tennessee and Houston. Although the defense’s engines needed a quarter or so to warm up, this week’s effort surpassed anything I have seen in the last two weeks in the second half. I am glad that Pat White’s injury isn’t that serious, and hopefully the trifecta knows what holes need to be filled, and we get it done, and be major competitors next year. A quick look around the league here…

I am not a fan of the New England Patriots, but I do like Wes Welker. I feel sorry for this young man who can be classified as the best slot receiver in football (he better watch it because Davone Bess is getting up there), in a game against Houston yesterday. New England had the AFC east all sewn up but for some reason, Bill Belichick decided to play his starters, and Welker torn his ACL yesterday, and may not make it back into the playoffs. This makes for a good argument why the Colts decided to pull the starters in the middle of last weeks game against the Jets. Imagine if this happened to Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark; how would the Colts look going in? Well, they would look like the Patriots going in against a mean Ravens defense. By the way, I heard Tom Brady might be hurt too.

Speaking about the Jets, what a bunch of lucky fuckers! First off, you catch a ray of sunshine when the Colts pull their starters and somehow every team that needs to lose loses. Then, Cincinnatti decides not to show up, which puts you guys in the drivers seat for the entire game. I can’t believe you guys were lucky enough to get into the postseason. It just goes to show you that even chumps can get in, and a team who legitimately punched their post season ticket, the Houston Texans cannot.

And look at Pittsburgh, they pull the miracle at Lambeau, find a way to beat the Ravens and Phins, and the Ravens pay them back with a win against the Raiders, knocking them out of the box. So long defending champs, no longer defending, no longer champs.

In the meantime, look at the weirdness of the NFL. Three rematches from week 17, wow! And I’m sorry, I really am not too excited for the rematch of Ochocinco and Reavis Island. Is it just me, or has this season for the NFL been kind of blah?

Anyway, I guess we’ll see what happens in the offseason. Looking forward to the Bears drama at 2pm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment