Friday, December 4, 2009

Here Come the Hawks

Back in the late 80’s, early 90’s, I remember the roar of the old Chicago Stadium. And I also remember getting into Blackhawks hockey. In my life, I have only been to one game. It was game three of the Campbell Conference finals there when the Hawks played the Red Wings and beat them leading to a sweep of the series. And then a couple years later, I lost cable, and the team started to trade away many of my favorite players. Jeremy Roenick, Eddie Belfour, Chris Chelios, Dirk Graham, all leaving for whatever. I lost faith and lost interest. At the time this was going on, little Patrick Kane and Jonathon Toews were growing up and playing hockey at local parks in their respected areas.

Just yesterday, these two “boys” along with a defenseman named Duncan Keith were locked up as the “future” of the organization. In the last couple of years, I have watched Rocky Wirtz and John Mcdonough resurrect the franchise by involving former players, having fan conventions, and most importantly putting the home games back on TV before the senior Wirtz decided it was unfair to telecast them because of the season ticket holders. Toews, Kane, and Duncan along with Hossa are the future of this team and the question may be who we’re going to let go, but how many cups are we going to win next decade?!?!?!?!

I am very excited about the future of the Hawks. We’ll worry about the cap next year, this year we’ll worry about the cup.

That is all for today, have a great weekend.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment