Friday, March 11, 2011

I Jumped on the Bandwagon and No Way in Hell I'm Leaving

When Lebron made his announcement, I was in utter disbelief the way he did it. He ripped the soul of out Cleveland and flushed it down the toilet. Given my relationship with the city of Cleveland (never had any good experiences there; nasty people), I thought it was fricking hilarious, but kind of douchey. However, Lebron and D-Wade have always been two players I really enjoyed watching. Since I have pledged allegiance to one team in south beach for many many years now, and considering I really have not cheered for any basketball team, I decided, eh what the hell? Why not the Heat? After all, I always picked Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson when I played NBA Jam back in the day (I know they were the Hornets but Zo is famous in Miami more so than Charlotte.) I have always been a big Riley fan. Was really happy for them when they won in 06, so sure, I’ll cheer for the Heat. There was the whole nWo angle and everything I wrote about earlier in the year when I first joined this site. So I jumped on the bandwagon.

I must say that the year so far has been a roller coaster. Living in Chicago, you can only imagine how much grief I have taken the last three games from Bulls fans. Plus I have 3 friends who like the Celtics as well. However, I will say this. I believe in this team. I believe that D-Wade will convince everyone he is the closer. I believe that Lebron will continue to dominate while he’s here. I believe Chris will find his role with this team, and the rest of the boys will pick it up. This team has too much talent to fail.

The last week has been tough, but last night was like getting out of the hospital after suffering a broken heart. I have pledged allegiance to the Heat for better and for worse. Through thick and thin. I really wished I lived out there with many of you so I can go to games and hang with you at the bars (this including many of the fine people I have met and conversed with at the Phinsider). I just want to say; sure I jumped on the bandwagon. But having said this, there are four teams that my loyalty is with. The White Sox and Hawks in Chicago and the Dolphins and the Heat in Miami. That is the way it is. My faith in the Hawks was rewarded last year, as well as the Sox in 05. The Heat will bring the title back home. Not sure if it will be this year, but it will happen. I hope that this past week was a wake up call to many of the role players on this team. You have two of the greatest superstars in the NBA playing with you and sharing the same goal. To win that championship (or the four, five, six that Lebron talked about). If you want it, you got to take it. You need to step up. Lebron and D-Wade can’t do it all themselves. I liked seeing Mike Miller hit some threes last night. I liked watching Mario Chalmers come into his own lately. Hell, seeing Z get some boards and play some D was fun too. It’s a great start and we will be in the playoffs. Let’s carry that action through March and April and become “hot” because the hottest team in the playoffs is the most difficult to beat.

And to the Bulls and Celtics, it’s a new season come the playoffs. This time, we will be ready.

Thanks for listening.

GO HEAT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment