Friday, August 21, 2009

Michael Vick can Suck a...

Hello. As many of you know, I am passionate about animals. I live a vegetarian lifestyle for the reason that I have compassion for animals and the suffering they go through because the "food" industry believes they are an essential part of survival. Well I along with many other vegans and veggies out there sure have disproved that myth. When one eats animals they make a choice; they don't need to. However, I think one thing that my carnivore friends and I agree on is that what Michael Vick did is just plain wrong. Bringing up animals to "compete" and electrocuting them when they lose by far can be classified the one of the most psychotic and thoughtless acts I have ever encountered in my life.

So Michael Vick served jail time. Well that's all and good, but why he's granted a chance to play football and make millions of dollars again makes absolutely no sense to me. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles for 1 year $1.6 million dollar deal with a 2010 option. This man, a role model for the city of Atlanta took that position, wiped his ass with it, and threw the paper at all the citizens of that city when he committed the heinous crime of killing man's best friend. And now, the city of brotherly love (except for when it comes to sports because Philly fans have anger issues) has embraced the doggie killer for now.

Michael Vick is a half ass quarterback that can really run the ball. His presence in Philly should be interesting from a sports perspective; however I could give a shit about that. You see in Miami, we did something special in football last year. It was called the Wildcat and brother, it don't get much more special than that. (Actually yeah it does. We moved the dash over one space to the right from 1-15 one season to 11-5 the next) What would be really special if someone in Philly let a big Doberman onto the field and before Vick is about to throw that bomb, the dog bites his arm off for revenge for all the canines he had killed.

Does everyone in life get second chances? Sure, but what has Vick done to redeem himself? He went to jail. Guess what? You committed a crime of course you go to jail. He is doing community service work. That was park of his plea deal, and of course being a "celeb", he gets to sit home in his big ass house and play X Box, after committing unspeakable crimes. Has Vick gone to shelters to try to help find homes for many dogs out there that need one? No that doesn't mean go to the shelter and adopt one. We saw how that worked out last time. In my opinion, he needs to earn his spot. The fact he was signed for a mill is bullshit. I knew when he was eligible to play, someone would scoop him up.

I think it comes down to when you are rich and famous (or infamous in this case), you can do whatever and the consequences are usually light. Then you get to go back to your fairy tale of a life, get to bang your hot trophy life, and cut the rest of society with a knife. I guess the best thing that came out of this is that Dennis Green was wrong. Parcels had NO INTEREST in bringing Vick to south Florida. So I can you can crown him, you can crown his ass with the dunce cap. In closing, I wish Michael Vick's feet were held to the fire to help animals in some way, and I just wish he had to earn his million, because lets face it kids, that is not the NFL minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment