Friday, August 7, 2009

I Like the White Sox: Enjoying Life

What a week. Wining 5 out of 7 against first place teams. Not bad. Just waiting for number 56 to get out of his hangover and we move on. Beckham hitting .411 in his last 20, solid! The biggest trade in the history of trades with player on the DL. What more can you ask for as a White Sox fan right now.

I usually post psycho babble and random thoughts, but today I want to ask a serious question. I believe that if Bacon doesn't win Rookie of the Year if he continues playing the way he's playing, its highway robbery. If Buehrle can pull off another 4-5 wins, you can make the case for him to win a Cy Young. Not only has he pitched a perfect game, but he retired 45 consecutive batters. He keeps his ERA low and wins about 15-16 games and if the Sox make the playoffs, I think you can make an argument for that.

However, the case I want to make is for Scott Podsenik for MVP IF the White Sox make the playoffs and go beyond the DS. Now before anyone flames me, I want you to think about this. The most obvious is where are the Sox without him? Possibly stuck in a battle for 3rd and 4th with Cleveland and KC. He is batting .300, and OPS is a modest .750, but he has been the fire starter for this White Sox team and has helped drive in runs. His BA with RISP with 2 outs is .302 and with bases loaded is .500. When a man is on 3rd, he is hitting .444. I wouldn't let the low average fool you. Plus he has been decent with the glove this year for the most part. However the Sox didn't start winning until Podsednik starting hitting.

Perhaps I'm a stoner and I have no clue wtf I'm talking about. I think you can look at Joe Mauer and Bobby Abreu, and probably make a better case for the two of them. However, if the White Sox do some damage, win the Central and go beyond, Scotty Pods needs a look at least, because he has been the most valuable player on this team, and my definition of MVP is a player who has made the difference in making or breaking a team. We should have a most disposable player award here on SSS every year. One for our team and one for the league.

Other comments, bye bye Brian Anderson. See you and your whinny ass self sometime in the future. We know to throw that outside slider to you so if you are up against our pitchers, go grab some bench. Clayton Richard, its been fun. Thanks for the memories and the hole in my stomach when its time to make a routine throw to first and you're on the mound. Bobby Jenks, CRANBERRY JUICE BRO!

Other than that, have a wonderful day.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment