Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You've been WARNED

I will be coming back one way or the other. Not sure which but it will be happening.

On to the death roll...

Joe Mauer wining the MVP, and the Twins winning the division. What a shitty year. I thought we could at least put a cherry on the Sunday by giving Gordon Beckham rookie of the year honors BUT NO! Chump ass Andrew Bailey won it from Oakland. Yes Bailey is looking good. Lots of saves and a sweet ERA of 1.84, but come on Beckham was the man. Led the AL in slugging percentage and doubles for rookies. This guy came up huge, but whatever. Can't cry over spilt milk and shit. Point being, I hate the Twins. Although Mauer is the logical choice and did a hell of a job this year, I still not a fan of the Twins. So how do the Sox answer back?

By going after another Royal and sign a 42 year old infielder who apparently thinks its fun to call out former players in his book. The organization even brough Luis Aparicio to the signing. What is this supposed to be a monuemental event? Like Ken Griffey Jr? He is going to be a mentor or something? I don't like the move at all, and although my experience with being a GM in baseball is equal to Michael Jordan trying to play hockey, a 42 year old shortstop backup is not my idea of a fun time. Also, we have Mark Teahen on the team now. Nice! He sucked against every team except the Sox and now this guy is our 3rd baseman? WTF! I don't understand this team. I liked the move, but to put him at 3rd? Don't get it! You already took Beckham and put him in one position he never played (and he caught on nicely, another reason he should be ROY) and now he's going to play 2nd? I don't get it. But I guess I'm just one of those guys who is at home eating chips and doesn't know any better.

Speaking about not knowing any better, Tom Ricketts would be a classic example of this. Dude, you may have just got yourself a cash cow, but do you think you're really going to be the man who spear heads the Cubs to their first title in 100+ years? Yeah right. I'm sure with that overpriced championship lineup you have, you're going to do great things. First off, we have Lou who looks like he's ready for the retirement home. Then there's Alfonso Soriano who likes to do his two step in the outfield. Someone get that bitch a tutu so he looks so pretty when he does the little hop before he muffs another routine fly ball. Then there's the board game, which hopefully Toronto, New York, Texas, whoever takes off your hands. And remember no Gatorade machine is safe with Big Z around either. Good luck Mr Ricketts. We'll see what your presence does.

Then there's my boy Jay Cutler. Now, I like the Dolphins, but sometimes my heart bleeds for the Bears and their fans which inhabit our fine city. I knew this guy was going to have keep the prozac nearby. I remember when the Phins played the Broncos last year, Cutler threw 3 INT. I never in my wildest dreams thought he would have the season he is having this year. Wow! That San Fran game was just bad, really bad. Do you guys realize that Cutler didn't throw a TD pass in 6 quarters? This is your star QB ladies and gentlemen. And now he is getting rattled by the fine folks in the Chi town sports media, who are very unforgiving at best. Its not just the media, its the fans. I think we're in a sad state of affairs when knowledgeable football fans (or think they are) are calling for the return of the mediocre Kyle Orton versus the gunslinging Jay Cutler. Guys, you got a headcase. But when he is on, he can compete with the best of them. Have some patience with Cutler, it will pay off sooner than later. Never forget, you can't protect a candy store from a pack full of diabetics with a plastic fence, because that is what is blocking for Cutler right now. A nice orange plastic fence. You need a brick wall. A QB will never do shit without protection.

Quick shout out to the Bulls, you guys are doing OK, except you are taking your usual circus trip beating! Started off really good, and now its just shit. Ah, Pal Gasol, we could of had you, but someone fucked it all up.

But the best story in Chicago right now has to be our Blackhawks. Seven game win streak, getting ready for some tough hockey out west, and our 12 year plan comes back to play. HOSSA!!!!! I can't wait.

I will be coming back to the airwaves in one form or another soon. Whether be TV or radio, its coming baby! Hope you're ready!!!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment