Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some of the People at Meijer Suck!

So there we were. At Meijer on Algonquin and Randall Rd picking up some items that I forgot during the last shopping trip since I tried to wing it and not make a list. I do that sometimes, because I'm a guy, I guess. Anyway, we walked in and I was going to take the little shopping cart, and Vicki said how about we take one of the kiddie car carts? I thought that was a good idea because Jersey likes to ride in them. She loves to turn the steering wheel, and open the doors and stuff.

So we place our beautiful little girl into the shopping cart, and then this 90 year old man starts yelling at us that we have to put a dollar into the machine to use the cart. Now I have been here many a time with Jersey and never once have I been told to put a dollar in the machine, UNLESS I want the TV inside the cart to work. Yet, this old foggy demanded that we pay the dollar. Then some lady working the self checkout registers got in the action when the man asked her about the dollar. She said that us taking the shopping cart was "retail theft." I couldn't believe this. I was making fun of her, and I said to the man, "listen bud, I don't think people are going to be tearing the doors off to get to the children’s shopping carts at 6pm on a Sunday evening." He told me, no. I will not let you do that.

Meanwhile Jersey is sitting in the cart singing a song of some sort or something. The woman told us we needed to pay the dollar or we would leave. Vicki then got agitated and said "please get your manager." The man didn't and the woman said she was getting security. Vicki wasn't feeling well and then she yelled at them to "get a manager now!" The man was like "oh you want me to call a manager. OK" In the meantime, the woman still looking for security, me playing with Jersey singing the song she was singing with her, or one of the other goofy things I do to make her laugh.

After waiting for a manager for like a year and a half, Vicki finally went up to customer service. The lady got really agitated that she did. When she came back, Vicki said the manager said it was fine to take the cart, and even the senior citizen said "he's wrong, he's wrong!" Hey douche, that's your boss. He's right, and we're the customer, and we are always supposedly right. We drove off with the cart and shopped happily ever after.

Point of this post, just wondering, have you noticed that customer service has really gone down the toilet? You would think with the unemployment rate, people would step up and do better at their jobs so they would be allowed to keep them. That people would care to make someone smile. Not berate them because their child likes something fun. It's bullshit in this day and age. Share some stories with me. What was your worst customer service incident?

M

No comments:

Post a Comment